Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am a large marsupial mammal inhabiting nearly all of the Australian mainland. I am usually wary of humans, however, when provoked I can attack, overpower and kill adult human beings. What is my name?
2. I am a small meat eating marsupial mammal that inhabits most of eastern Australia, with sharp teeth and sharp tree-climbing claws, and if cornered, I will fight ferociously. What am I?
3. I inhabit the northern Australian rainforests and am usually a peace loving creature, but, if provoked I will hurl myself at any tormenter and deal slashing blows down upon them. What is my name?
4. Showing the least fear of humans, this Australian marsupial mammal that inhabits the southern and eastern coasts of Australia and Tasmania, has teeth strong enough to cut through trees. What is its name?
5. I am a somewhat anti-social tree climber, unique only to Australia and even though I appear cute and cuddly, I can inflict nasty wounds, usually out of sheer panic. What animal am I?
6. One of the animals that appears on the Australian coat of arms, this rarely exhibits aggression, but, if threatened, can inflict severe damage. What is this animal?
7. With twenty odd species inhabiting Australia, I am closely related to the modern day 'dragon' and can reach a length of 2.5m. If disturbed, I will usually flee but if cornered I will lash out with my large tail and can knock an adult over. What is my name?
8. This Australian animal, whose varied species inhabit most of the continent, could literally squeeze the life out of its prey. What is this animal?
9. One of the oldest pure-breds of its type in the world, this Australian mammal has been branded as a killer of livestock and even babies. What is this animal's name?
10. This animal chooses the Australian spring to show its true colours, with unprovoked, aggressive attacks on humans and domestic animals alike. What is this animal?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.