Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Despite the common name "grey wolf," which color is the most common colors for the species, accounting for about one third of all individuals?
2. In what areas of the world are wolves the largest?
3. The alpha wolf in a pack is always male?
4. Although wolves usually flee from people, attacks on humans occasionally occur. In what season is this most likely to happen?
5. A charming quirk of wolf behavior is that a certain weather event triggers a major urge to play in wolves. What weather event is it?
6. Wolves sometimes have trouble finding food in the winter, but they have many advantages that aid them in hunting during the winter. Which is NOT one of them?
7. In a two mile race, a grey wolf would easily beat a sailfish and a cheetah.
8. Which of these is NOT a primary reason for the grey wolf's stamina?
9. Snow does not melt on wolf fur.
10. Wolves generally hunt deer by getting one to run into an ambush and then dragging it down. How do wolves usually hunt bison?
Source: Author Rattannah
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.