Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which aquarium resident was the first fish to get its entire genome mapped?
2. Only a few freshwater fishes bear fully-formed young. Besides the familiar guppy, platy and molly, livebearers include
3. These beauties were first found on the lower slopes of Pai-yun Shan, near Guangdong (formerly Canton), China, traditionally by a good man named Tan.
4. How would you best characterize Otocinclus, the miniature Loricariid catfish?
5. Your Harlequin Fish are behaving strangely. One is turning upside-down and quivering under a plant leaf.
6. Not all skin parasites ("ectoparasites") are single-celled protists. For instance, some minute flatworms, multicellular animals, that attack skin and gills are
7. You know that filtration may be mechanical, chemical or biological. Most filters combine more than one function. Though "redundancy" is a good thing, an example of a purely mechanical filter medium would be
8. Don't try to tempt Schomburgk's Leaf Fish with regular fish flakes. It's only interested in
9. Angelfish have some close cousins among South American cichlids. These include ________ .
10. Endler's Livebearer comes from Venezuela. Fears about its survival do *not* include fears
Source: Author hawgshoes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.