Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Wisconsin's state fish is considered an ambush predator, one that waits for prey to approach and then suddenly attacks it. Which of these is it?
2. Some U.S. states that border oceans have official freshwater and saltwater fish. What is California's marine (saltwater) fish?
3. Vermont is landlocked so it doesn't have a saltwater state fish but it does have cold and warm water fishes. Which is Vermont's cold water state fish?
4. Iowa has many warm, slow-moving streams and rivers and the state's premier gamefish is right at home there. Though seen on the rocks here, who is more at home in the mud?
5. You can call it a bream, you can call it a brim, but in Illinois what should you call it?
6. Fishing is a large sport in much of the U.S. Georgia fishermen are no exception when they cast for their state fish. What do we call it?
7. Arizona's state fish is one that is only found in that state. Do you know its name?
8. Originally Alabama's state fish and later its saltwater fish, which of these fish can weigh up to 100 lbs/45 kilos?
9. Here is a very unhappy-looking fish, but what a meal! Which fish is it that people travel to Alaska from all over the world to catch?
10. North Dakota has some wild terrain and a state fish to match. Which of these grows to a substantial size in the Peace Garden State?
Source: Author CmdrK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.