Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This beautiful cold-water fish is a member of the salmon family. A favorite of those who fish in the waters of the Pacific Northwest, which fish is it?
2. Native to Europe and Asia, this freshwater fish is well adapted to a variety of climates. What is it called?
3. There are three main species of this gamefish and where they dwell depends on the species. Most prefer fresh water. Name this fish.
4. Named for their barbels, or sensory organs that resemble whiskers, this fish can be found in coastal regions of every continent except Antarctica. Which of the following is it?
5. This colorful fish with the heavenly name belongs to the Cichlid family. Originating in South America, what is it called?
6. This fish, of which there are 25 species, belongs to the family Acipenseridae. Found in subtropical and subarctic waters of the U.S. and Eurasia, name this fish.
7. A type of flatfish found in the North Pacific and North Atlantic oceans is often eaten on Catholic holy days. In fact, its name is derived from the words for holy and flat fish. By what name do we commonly call this fish?
8. Closely related to tuna, this torpedo-shaped fish is from the family Scombridae. If you use the name of this fish preceded by the word "holy" you'll get an expression of astonishment. Which of the following is it?
9. There is a cape off the eastern coast of Massachusetts that shares the name of this fish. It belongs to the family Gadidae. What fish is it?
10. In some countries of the world this fish is called broadbill. The most recognizable feature is its long, flat bill. By what other name is this fish commonly known?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.