Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Leash-training cats is difficult mainly because it isn't instinctive for a cat to follow anyone around.
2. Since your cat's regular collar is so familiar, it is the most suitable piece of equipment to attach the leash to while you walk him.
3. The first step is to get the cat used to her leash. Leave it on the ground for her to investigate. While she sniffs and paws at the leash, what should you do?
4. Now it's time to start putting the leash on the cat for short periods of time. Let him drag it along behind him. Wait until he stops resisting the leash. When he is comfortable wearing it, you should keep putting it on for short periods of time, but what else should you do while he wears the leash?
5. Once your cat is perfectly comfortable on the leash, it's time to start teaching her how to go for walks! Since she'll go for walks with you outdoors, should you have all of her first lessons outside, too?
6. It's time for your cat's first lesson! Hold the end of the leash and let your cat lead you around. After a few days of practicing this, you need to show your cat that he should follow you. Walk in the opposite direction of your cat. When he reaches the end of the leash behind you, what should you do?
7. Your cat is starting to get the idea. She goes the same direction you do -- but she pulls on the leash. This is not acceptable. When your cat starts to pull, what should you do?
8. It's that time you've been waiting for! Your cat has finally gotten the hang of walking on a leash. He follows you and doesn't pull. He behaves well indoors and outdoors. You can take him for his first real walk! All goes well until you are confronted by an unleashed dog, which acts aggressively toward your cat. True or false: you should stand absolutely still and say nothing, in order to make the dog lose interest.
9. Although your cat shouldn't pull on the leash, you can't expect him to walk by your side.
10. Cats of all ages can be taught to go for walks, but what is the most recommended age that you begin walking your cat on a leash?
Source: Author newfiegrl6
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.