Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA), founded in 1906 in the USA, describes a solid black cat as having a dense coal-black coat and a black nose. The paw pads may be which of these by their definition?
2. The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA), the premier cat registry of North America and the largest in the world, recognizes 22 breeds that may have a solid black coat. Which is NOT one of them?
3. Which relatively new cat breed is the ONLY breed whose ONLY acceptable color is black?
4. Black cats may genetically have some protection from what feline disease?
5. Your beautiful black cat is getting a little older, and his/her coat is turning lighter. What nutrient might reverse this?
6. Black is one of the dominant colors of cats, and the other is red. The "dilute" of black is blue, say the cat fanciers. But of course, the cat is not really blue like the sky, but...?
7. If you own a beautiful black tomcat, both of his parents must have been solid black.
8. What color eyes would you LEAST expect to find on a beautiful black cat?
9. If you find a beautiful black cat at a shelter, what kind of cat will it MOST likely be?
10. Black cats are among the most popular cats to be adopted from shelters in the USA.
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.