Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This cat is often referred to as "the king of beasts". It exhibits a characteristic called sexual dimorphism, meaning that the male and female look distinctly different.
2. An endangered species, the largest member of the feline family is recognisable by its vertical stripes.
3. This spotted cat is the fastest land animal and an endangered species.
4. This cat is found only in the Americas, predominantly South America, and may be mistaken for a leopard. It may appear spotted or solid black in colour.
5. Also known as the ounce, this feline has long fur which acts as insulation against the cold high-altitude environment in which they live.
6. This small white cat is a domestic cat, named for the transcontinental area in which it originated.
7. This medium-sized cat is popular in the fur and pet trade because of its beautiful markings, possessing both spots and stripes.
8. This solitary cat was named for its reflective eyes. It also has characteristic black fur on the tips of its ears.
9. This spotted feline is one of the five "big cats" and has a name which means "lion-panther".
10. This large feline is extinct in the wild and rare in captivity. According to the Belfast Zoo in 2019, there are less than 90 living in zoos around the world.
Source: Author MotherGoose
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.