Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Your kitty takes one sniff of the pate de foie gras for which you paid $20.00 a tiny jar and scratches vigorously at the carpet you set her dish on. What is she telling you?
2. You are taking your cat to his vet for his annual check up and shots. You wrestle him into his cat carrier and he immediately starts purring loudly. Maybe he's happy to be going to the vet, you think. Yet when you get to the animal hospital he shows definite signs of fear. Why was he purring in the car?
3. Cats are obligate carnivores, meaning that they get all their required nutrition from meat. So why does your beloved feline eat grass...and then produce a pile of vomitus with grass strands for you clean up?
4. Your new cat was rescued from a hard life on the streets, bathed, defleaed, dewormed and chipped plus she was spayed. You took her home, named her Cleo, showed her her litter box and new toys, fed her and then turned in after a tiring day. In the morning you fed her then settled down to read the morning paper. Pretty soon you see Cleo walk past with something in her mouth. Curious, you follow her to her food bowl where the object she had in her mouth now resides. But why would she bring your underpants to her bowl?
5. Your cat is getting used to her new home and you. One morning she does something she's never done before: she presses her forehead to yours. What is this behavior called and why did she do it?
6. You take pride in your male cat's natural state. He's a real Tom about town. But you are dismayed by his horrible wounds: the chewed half ear, the abscessed bite on the shoulder, the cut above his eye. You take him to the vet and the vet tells you to do something that will keep him at home, end the fights and prevent feline AIDS and leukemia. What is this one thing?
7. You need to go to the bathroom and would be glad for some privacy. But your cat has to be in there with you, rubbing his cheeks along your legs, weaving around the toilet and helping himself to the toilet paper. All attempts to lock him out are met with howls of complaint. What's this behavior all about?
8. We are visiting Cleo and her new family again. Cleo has made big strides in being domesticated. Recently, she lay on her back with her legs wide open and slept. What is Cleo telling her owners?
9. You just made yourself a cup of cocoa, asked your man Jeeves to light a fire in the living room and settled into your most comfortable arm chair with a good book. Your cat suddenly appeared on your lap and began digging her claws lightly into your stomach one paw then the next, rhythmically. She begins to purr and drool on your clothes. What is Bootsie doing to you?
10. Tigger is usually a happy cat who loves to sit in the sunshine. Today, however, he's pacing in front of the back yard door, hissing and growling at something you can't see. He puffs up his fur and arches his back. What is Tigger doing and why?
Source: Author hpreed62
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.