Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The European souslik has an unusual name, but would probably look rather ordinary to most people. These common mammals of Asia and Europe have been given this name, but you would just call it what?
2. Which is the largest member of the civet family as well as the largest carnivorous mammal in its native Madagascar?
3. This small monkey from the Amazon Basin area is arboreal. Seldom seen in captivity, what is its name?
4. Resembling a small greyish yellow hyena, this African mammal lives primarily on insects, especially termites. What is its name?
5. This charming 25 cm long critter is also called the hairy hedgehog. It is dark brown to black with a white face and an elongated nose. What is it otherwise known as?
6. 'Ovis ammon' is native to central Asia, including Tibet, Siberia and Mongolia. This is the largest wild sheep (to 120 cm. tall). What is its native name?
7. Which of these is a raccoon-like creature, native to the southern U.S.?
8. Vulpes zerda is the scientific name given this cute animal. What is it usually called?
9. Here's an unusual animal. The males have neon blue cheeks, scarlet noses and golden beards. They are sociable, and have a loose 'family' arrangement in their tribes, as they help one another. What do we call them?
10. These are the only true nocturnal monkeys. They have large brown eyes, full of expression and resembling an owl, and they are often referred to as 'owl monkeys'. What is the scientific name for this mammal?
Source: Author alexis722
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.