Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Name the variety of Asiatic wild ass found in Ladakhk.
2. Which Indian mammal comes in three main varieties- common or grey, golden and crab eating?
(Hint: This animal created havoc for local Hawaiian fauna when introduced there.)
3. Which aberrant goat, with sheep like affinities, is found above the timberline in the Himalayas?
4. Which animal predominantly found in Kashmir, and also called the rock rabbit, hoards large heaps of green vegetation for winter food?
(Hint: one species of this animal is found in North America.)
5. Which mouse deer is found mainly in peninsular India and normally rests in tree holes?
6. Ailurus fulgens is the scientific name of which mammal found in Himalayan forests?
7. Which species of insectivorous mammal was discovered in a cave near Talewadi village in Belgaum district of Karnataka?
8. Which species of freshwater aquatic mammal is unique to the Indian sub-continent?
(Hint: think about the river Ganges)
9. Which variety of bear has a peculiarly modified mouth to enable it to feed on the larvae of insects by suction?
10. Which species of the domesticated one-humped camel is believed to have spread to India from central Arabia?
Source: Author lordsom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.