Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the largest species of Pacific Salmon?
2. This Pacific salmon, when it occurs in lakes, is known as a kokanee.
3. Occasionally sold as salmon, which fish comes in both summer and winter varieties, and has been introduced to the Great Lakes of the northeast US.
4. What is considered a threat to salmon populations in the northwest United States?
5. Where do salmon spend the majority of their adult lives?
6. What species is the most commercially valuable salmon?
7. What do you call fish such as salmon that live in salt water and spawn in fresh?
8. What do Pacific salmon eat once they've returned to fresh water to spawn?
9. These two salmon appear very much alike, although one species is much smaller than the other. Sometimes called kings and silvers in the North, they are referred to as what in the south?
10. Which of these does not die after spawning?
Source: Author chinook
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.