Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The banded fruit dove, you won't be surprised to know, eats fruit. Which of these is it most likely to favour?
2. Which member of the pigeon family, scientific name Columba livia, has the widest range?
3. The Luzon bleeding-heart dove is native to which island nation?
4. Spilopelia senegalensis is a breed of dove found in Africa and Asia. In India it is known as the little brown dove, but by which other name is it known?
5. The crowned pigeon is the largest living member of the pigeon family, and is around the same size as which of these?
6. The dodo, which became extinct in the 17th century, was a member of the pigeon family.
7. Pigeons which have been specially trained to return to their base are known by which of these names?
8. Which of these doves, with a jewelled name, is native to Australia?
9. Geopilia striata is a dove which can be found in south-east Asia. Its common name includes a reference to which African animal?
10. Pigeons which are bred for showing at exhibitions are known by which of these general names?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.