Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Due to the fact that the scallop can be found in all of the world's oceans, what taxonomical distribution do they belong to?
2. The scallop is an important part of the food chain as it is a filter feeder and consumes microscopic organisms, but they themselves are also consumed by animals and humans. Which of the following would a scallop NOT consume as a food source?
3. Scallops can have up to one hundred eyes along their mantle. What colour of eyes do scallops have?
4. The scallop is a bi-valve creature, similar to clams, oysters, and mussels, which all miss a common organ. Which of the following anatomy do scallops lack?
5. What are the two distinct colors of scallop roe?
6. Which of the following hardened objects, often found in oysters, can also be found inside a scallop?
7. China claims to be the world's largest producer of scallops, often producing over a million metric tonnes of scallops per year. The majority of this production comes from what practice?
8. Scallops are considered by health organizations to be extremely healthy for human consumption. Which of the following vitamins would scallops provide you with the most of?
9. Throughout history, scallops and other hinged shells have often been seen as a symbol of what?
10. The edible portion of a scallop is actually a muscle. What type of muscle would you be consuming if you chose to eat a scallop for dinner?
Source: Author apathy100
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.