Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A trout swimming in a Washington creek looks up and sees this raptor circling. "Ugh, majestic symbol of the United States my eye... it looks like he's losing hair!"
2. A robin flying leisurely on a hot North Carolinian summer day sees a friend quickly attacked in mid-air. "Hey, Accipiter cooperii! Why don't you go make some barrels and leave us alone!"
3. A mourning dove in New York flies along at twilight, turning suddenly as it hears a strange noise. At that exact moment, a blur speeds past, barely missing him. After taking a moment to catch his breath, the dove taunts "Hey 'fastest bird in the world', you still can't catch me!"
4. Two vultures are circling slowly, and happen to notice Falco columbarius attacking a moving car! The vultures chortle, "Even his 'magic' can't make that thing edible."
5. A hawk has gotten caught in a dense thicket and is trying in vain to use its beak to free himself. A vulture nearby sees and, remembering that these males are the smallest hawks in the United States, starts heckling him. "Try using your leg, shrimp!"
6. As a condor swoops down for dinner, Cathartes aura beats him to the roadkill. "Just wait for Thanksgiving" the condor mutters under his breath.
7. Rostrhamus sociabilis swoops to the water, diving after a mollusk. The mollusk is able to move to safety well before the bird gets there. An observing ibis snickers "I guess we see where you got your name!"
8. Buteogallus anthracinus tumbles and tumbles through the air after accidentally hitting a tree branch over the Californian coast. The crabs on the beach joke to one another "He's DOWN!"
9. The world's lightest owl is searching for some food, hopping around the branches of a tree. Two caterpillars snicker together and call out "Maybe Santa can help you find us!"
10. A mouse looks up and sees Buteo lineatus making the rounds. "You must not be a very good hunter. You've been circling so long that it looks like you're getting sunburned!"
Source: Author sarahcateh
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.