Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This bird, which can be easily identified by its bright yellow feet, is known by what name?
2. What is the name of this large white bird, seen here enjoying its lunch?
3. Can you identify this stately, leggy, blue-grey bird?
4. The bird seen here may, at first glance, look like a little blue heron. However, it can be distinguished from the little blue heron by its white belly and vertical white neck stripe. What is the name of this bird?
5. My husband and I photographed this fascinating bird as it was standing in this interesting posture and vocalizing. Which bird is it?
6. Watching this bird stalk and catch its prey always makes me smile, as its long-legged, high-strutting strides look like an energetic, somewhat clownish dance. What is the name of this colorful fisher?
7. This squatty bird with its hunched posture is a typical example of an adult of its species. Which species is that?
8. This bird as an adult is a vivid blue-grey as pictured; however, as a juvenile, its feathers are white. What is its name?
9. This relatively small member of the heron family, although mostly white, often has russet-tinged feathers and is known for the company it keeps. With these clues and the photo to guide you, can you identify this bird?
10. This bird is often confused with the Least bittern; however, it is larger and has more colorful plumage. What bird is this?
Source: Author Lalenya
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.