Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Born in Ballymena, Co. Antrim, and famous for such roles as Oskar Schindler in "Schindler's List" (2004) and Qui-Gon Jinn in the "Star Wars" series, which actor suffered a personal tragedy in 2009 when his wife of fifteen years died in a skiing accident?
2. Which Irish actor achieved international recognition by playing the part of a Texan army recruit in Joel Schumacher's "Tigerland" (2000)?
3. A Dublin native, this Irish actor began his film career at the relatively late age of 34. Appearing in movies such as "Braveheart" (1995) and "In Bruges" (2008), which actor is also an accomplished fiddle player?
4. Which Irish film and television actor, who appeared in "The Usual Suspects" (1995) and HBO's "In Treatment", once trained to be a Catholic priest?
5. This Irishman was once offered a record deal for his band, The Sons of Mr. Greengenes, in which he played with his brother Pádraig. Which Cork born actor, known for playing the villain Scarecrow in "Batman Begins" (2005) , might have been a rock star?
6. One Irish actor is possibly best known for playing an Englishman! Which Navan born Irishman took on the role of Ian Fleming's James Bond?
7. Born in Limerick on October 1, 1930, this versatile actor appeared both on stage and in film. A poet, a singer and even an athlete in his younger days, which Irish actor died on 25 October 2002, just weeks before his last movie "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" was premiered?
8. A versatile film and television actor who has appeared as a cast member in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine", which actor appeared in all three film versions of writer Roddy Doyle's "Barrytown Trilogy"?
9. Which Irish actor terrified audiences with his portrayal of an abusive husband in "Sleeping with the Enemy" (1991)?
10. Probably best known in the USA for his role as Mayor Tommy Carcetti on "The Wire", which actor's breakthrough role was playing a gay character on the UK's Channel Four show, "Queer as Folk"?
Source: Author EmmaF2008
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.