Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's 'A bit of a chat,' how is it that the father tells his son his mother got pregnant?
2. Who runs Monty Python's cheese shop?
3. What profession was Captain Mainwaring of 'Dad's Army'?
4. In 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail', how high should one count before throwing the holy hand grenade?
5. What British drama series did Derek Fowlds of 'Yes Minister' go on to star in?
6. What English comedy legend guest starred in 'The Young Ones' as a priest?
7. On the subject of guest stars, who popped up as the king of England in the first episode of 'Black Adder', and as another priest in the 'Princess Bride'?
8. What American-born actress carved out a niche for herself as Monty Python's resident sexpot?
9. What Python, or Cleese and Chapman scripted film did the legendary Spike Milligan NOT have a cameo role in?
10. What instrument is Dudley Moore famous for his expertise on, complementing his comic talents?
11. Who co-wrote 'Hancock's half hour'?
12. What was Terry Jones and Michael Palin's short-lived post-Python series?
13. Name the actress who played long-suffering Betty to Michael Crawford's Frank Spencer.
14. What was the name of Frank Spencer's daughter?
15. In two series of 'Blackadder' Tim McInnerny played idiot Lord Percy. In series three he appeared in one episode as the Scarlet Pimpernel. In series four he came back as a regular, but no longer Percy. What was his character's name?
16. What might you be offered in compensation if you returned a dead parrot?
17. Who won Python's philosophers' soccer game?
18. What rotund comedienne cut her teeth at the Comic Strip and in guest spots on the 'Young Ones' before finding glory on her own shows?
19. Who played borderline mental case Major Gowen in 'Fawlty Towers'?
20. What dubious peer of the realm carries bricks in his briefcase when staying at 'Fawlty Towers'?
21. Where did Corporal Jack Jones of 'Dad's Army' serve in his younger days, before becoming Walmington on sea's finest butcher-cum lance corporal?
22. Who is the ever-so-charming actress who is a veteran star of television comedies such as 'The Good Life', 'No Job for a Lady' and 'To the Manor Born'?
23. Name the New Zealand-born actress and comedienne who came to prominence with 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' and later married Billy Connolly.
24. What was Sid's football club of choice in 'Bless this House'?
25. What kind of animal did the Goodies finally make funky?
Source: Author mrbehemoth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.