Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Fredric March (1897-1975) was born in Racine, WI. He got his start in films by working as a movie extra in New York City in the early 1920s. For which film did March win his first Oscar as Best Actor?
2. Spencer Tracy (1900-1967) was born in Milwaukee, WI. The American Film Institute named Tracy the 9th "Greatest Male Star of All Time" in 1999. Which rare "Oscar" feat was Tracy the first to claim?
3. Orson Welles (1915-1985) was born in Kenosha, WI. Welles was a well known screenwriter, director, producer, and actor in film, radio, and theater. Which of these facts about Welles was true?
4. Les Paul was born in 1915 in Waukesha, WI. He is a well known jazz guitarist, innovator of multi-track recording, and developing an electric guitar (Gibson Les Paul). In which year was Paul inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
5. In 1919, a child with the first and middle names of Wladziu Valentino was born in West Allis, WI. He was better known by his last name only. Who was he?
6. Gene Wilder was born in 1933 in Milwaukee, WI. His first film appearance was in "Bonnie and Clyde", 1967 as an undertaker. Wilder later teamed with Richard Pryor to make four films, which one was not one of those films?
7. Bob Uecker was born in 1935 in Milwaukee, WI. Starting out as a catcher for the Milwaukee Braves in 1962 Uecker started doing play-by-play radio broadcasts for the Milwaukee Brewers in 1970. In which 1989 film did he first play Harry Doyle, radio announcer for the Cleveland Indians?
8. Steve Miller was born in 1943 in Waukesha, WI. Miller is a well-known blues and rock and roll guitarist who has collaberated with Boz Scaggs and Ben Sidran among others. True or False, is Les Paul the godfather of Steve Miller?
9. Willem Dafoe was born in 1955 in Appleton, WI. He's played everyone from Jesus in "The Last Temptation of Christ" to Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in the "Spiderman" series. Which of the following two films was he nominated for as a Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
10. I was born in Madison, WI in 1964. From 1990-1995, I appeared on Saturday Night Live. A couple of my more popular characters were Matt Foley, a motivational speaker who "lived in a van down by the river" and Todd O'Connor a fan of "da Bears!" Who am I?
Source: Author gamemaker
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor JuniorTheJaws
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.