Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Mama Cass Elliot, known for being one quarter of The Mamas and The Papas shed her earthly ties July 29, 1974. How did she die?
2. Lynyrd Skynyrd had a tragic day October 20, 1977, when their Corvair plane crashed in the woods near Gillburg, Mississipi. Name the lead singer who died.
3. Legendary blues man Stevie Ray Vaughan died August 27, 1990. What was the cause of his death?
4. Cliff Burton, bass player for Metallica, died suddenly September 27, 1986 when their tour bus rolled over crushing and killing him. In what European country did this happen?
5. Darrell Abbott aka "Dimebag Darrell", guitarist for Pantera, died tragically December 8, 2004. How did he die?
6. Similar to the JFK assasination, many can remember exactly where they were when they heard of the shooting and tragic death of John Lennon. But where was he? Outside what landmark building was Lennon shot?
7. Don Mclean's perennial "American Pie" reflects on "the day the music died". Which artist was NOT on board the plane that crashed February 3, 1959?
8. Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley lost his life while going on a beer run with Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil in Neil's new Pantera. Which band was Razzie the drummer for?
9. Jimi Hendrix died of asphixiation on September 18, 1970. Where was he laid to rest?
10. Marvin Gaye died April 1, 1984. What was the cause of his untimely passing?
Source: Author Duefer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.