Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This news anchor has Brazilian and Puerto Rican parents, but she was born in Taipei in 1972. Who is she?
2. These two sisters formed a mandopop duo called 'SOS' (Sisters of Shu), later renaming it 'ASOS' (A Sisters of Shu). One of them went on to become the co-host of the popular show "KangXi Lai Le", while the other went on to star in (among other things) "Meteor Garden", an adaptation of the Manga "Hana Yori Dango". Who are they?
3. Taipei-born actor, model and singer Aaron Yan has been a member of which mandopop boy band since the year 2005?
4. She began her career as a singer with the mandopop group 4 in Love before making a name for herself as an actress and solo artist. She didn't just fall from the sky - who is this award-winning performer?
5. This actor/director/singer/songwriter/record producer has achieved great success in his career, including more than 30 million albums sold, not to mention being the cover story in the Asian version of "Time" magazine in 2003 ("New King of Asian Pop"). You might also remember him as Kato from 2011's "The Green Hornet". Who is he?
6. Godfrey Gao is a Taipei-born Canadian model and actor who was the first Asian to model for Louis Vuitton. He has been acting since 2006, but in which 2013 film did he have his first North American film role (as Magnus Bane)?
7. This singer and actress topped "FHM" Taiwan's '100 Sexiest Women in the World' list for three years running (2013-2015). What is the name of this member of the mandopop trio Dream Girls?
8. She began acting in the early 2000s and earned her first Best Leading Actress in a Television Series at the Golden Bell Awards in 2008. The next year she released her first mandopop album, entitled Blissful Encounter. What is her name?
9. Chen Chang began acting as a teen in 1991, and has accumulated more than 30 acting credits since then. It was 2000's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" that set his career on the path of stardom, when he played which character?
10. Her mainstream film career began in 1996 and she received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress that same year at the Golden Horse Awards. It wasn't long before the awards came her way, as she won Best Supporting Actress in 1998 for "Portland Street Blues". Her first Best Actress win was awarded for her role in "Three Times" in 2005. Who is she?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.