Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who played the main character of Sergeant Joe Friday?
2. What police agency did "Dragnet" center around?
3. What was Sergeant Friday's badge number?
4. Sergeant Friday's first partner died suddenly of a heart attack, as portrayed in the episode "Big Sorrow", aired December 27, 1951. What was his name?
5. What Christmas gift was the focal point of "Dragnet's" most controversial episode?
6. Which of these "Dragnet" characters was a real person, as opposed to being a fictitious character?
7. In the puritan 1950s, which of the following subjects were taboo as subjects in the radio episodes of "Dragnet"?
8. What division did Sergeant Friday work in?
9. What one aspect is considered to be the primary difference between the way "Dragnet" portrayed police work versus all the other radio crime dramas at the time.
10. "Dragnet" portrayed police-work on a daily basis, with no explanation of terminology, no attempts to make it easier for the listener. For example, when an "APB" was issued because of a "211", there was no explanation that an "APB" was an "All Points Bulletin" (or what an "All Points Bulletin" was), and a "211" was never defined as a robbery.
What FOX-TV reality show that began airing in 1989 approaches police work in basically the same fashion, showing day-to-day police work with little explanation or narration?
Source: Author eauhomme
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor JuniorTheJaws
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.