Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Lum and Abner live in the fictional town of Pine Ridge, Arkansas. It was based on an actual town and in 1936 because of the program's popularity this town changed its name to Pine Ridge. What was the name of that town?
2. Lum Edwards is half owner of "The Jot'em Down Store". A lifelong bachelor but always on the lookout for the right woman (he's painfully shy around attractive ladies). He normally takes care of the books and other financial matters at the store. What is his real first name?
3. Abner Peabody is the other partner in "The Jot'em Down Store". Abner is married to Elizabeth and they have a daughter. He takes care of most of the day-to-day operations at the store (that is when he and Grandpap aren't arguing over a checkerboard). What is Abner's favorite song that he sings when he's working around the store?
4. Chester "Chet" Lauck and Norris "Tuffy" Goff were the creators of "Lum and Abner" and did most of the character voices. Which of these characters did they not do the voice for?
5. My favorite "Lum and Abner" character is Grandpappy Spears. He was always dropping by the store to pass the time of day or sometimes he would sit in the library and read his favorite book - the almanac. What was Grandpap's first and middle name?
6. The original snake oil salesman, M.K. Skimp, is Pine Ridge's insurance agent and real estate man. He is always trying to scheme Lum and Abner out of the store and any money they happen to come into. What name is he more commonly known by?
7. Cedric Weehunt is another interesting character. He only graduated from the third reader because he had to drop out of school due to the fact the school did not have any desks that were big enough for him. He works at the defense plant and has one of the few cars in Pine Ridge. What is Cedric's favorite pastime?
8. Ulysses S. Quincy is considered by Lum and Abner to be one of Pine Ridge's most "brainy" citizens. However, most of his brainy comments are just agreeing with what someone else says by saying "okay" a lot. What chore is it that Ulysses is always trying to get someone to do for him?
9. Mousey Gray is one of Pine Ridge's favorite sons having served his country and helped win the African war. Mousey however is not a native son having grown up in Iowa where his mother was a lady blacksmith. What was Mousey's real name?
10. Lum and Abner also starred in seven motion pictures from 1940-1956. Which of these titles was NOT one of their films?
Source: Author BAMBOOMANIA
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.