Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The country of Venezuela gets its name because it reminded the first Europeans to visit it of the city of Venice. In which country is the original Venice situated?
2. South America is known for the longest mountain range in the world. What is the name of these mountains?
3. Which ancient empire was based in Cusco, in Peru?
4. Many of the countries in South America have Spanish as their official language. Which one uses mainly Portuguese?
5. The gauchos of the Pampas regions of South America are similar to which group of people in the United States of America?
6. The Atacama Desert is mainly situated in which of these countries?
7. The first World Cup of this sport was held in Uruguay in 1930 and it is still the most popular sport in many countries of South America. Which of these is it?
8. The large mountain in the photograph overlooks the harbour of Rio de Janeiro. Which food stuff forms part of its name?
9. Argentina is named after the Latin name for which metal?
10. Only two countries in South America are landlocked, meaning that they do not border the sea. Bolivia is one of them. Which is the other?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.