Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We'll start our tour in a city situated on an island. It is known for the brewery where one of the world's best known drinks was originally produced - it is sometimes referred to as 'Liffey water'. The photo may also point you towards identifying the city as which of these?
2. We move on to France, to a city which is situated in the country's champagne producing region. It also has a renowned cathedral where most of the French monarchs were crowned. Either, or maybe both, of these clues should direct you to which of these cities?
3. We'll travel to Central Europe now, and visit the city which gives its name to the light beer in the photograph - remember that you can enlarge it for a better view. Which country are we in now?
4. We'll try some vodka now and start by visiting the place where Smirnoff was originally distilled. We can also see the Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed and the tomb of a long dead leader, meaning that we are in which city?
5. We're now in a city which gives its name to the drink pictured. It is the second largest in its country, after the capital city, and part of the city borders the Atlantic Ocean. Which country are we visiting?
6. The city in which we are located now is known for brewing the lager sold in the bottle pictured. This capital city is known for its canals and trams and has a name derived from the river on which it is situated. Which of these is it?
7. Let's try some Bacardi rum next. The city in which it was originally distilled is on an island, and is the second largest in the country. The name of the city includes the country's name, so in which of these do you think we are now?
8. We haven't visited the USA yet, so let's go to Tennessee and sample some Jack Daniel's whiskey. The distillery was established in 1875, and its headquarters are still located in the same city in 2015. What is the name of the city, the largest in Moore County?
9. We'll head south now to taste a drink made from the plants in the photograph. The drink is named for the city in which it originated, and can only be given that name, by law, if it is produced in which specific country?
10. I promised you gin in the title, so we've headed to the UK. Although many brands are designated 'London Gin', we're going to the south coast to buy a specific brand which is protected by law and can be made only in that city. It has connections to America, and to a very well known English sailor. Where have we ended our trip?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.