Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. People call me pharaoh, and treat me like a god. What is my occupation?
2. I am the only one allowed to enter the most sacred room of the temple, and my job is to see to the needs of the gods and goddesses. Who am I?
3. I am a vizier. I am the highest official in ancient Egypt to serve the pharaoh. What is my role?
4. I am in charge of the army of ancient Egypt. After the defeat of the Hyksos, it became customary to have two, one in the army of Upper Egypt and one in the area of Lower Egypt. What is my job?
5. Except for a priest, I was the only other ancient Egyptian who learned to read and write. It was my responsibility to keep records. Who am I?
6. A skilled craftsman in ancient Egypt could make a fine living as a sculptor, carpenter, or even a jeweler. What is my occupation?
7. I manufactured a drink in ancient Egypt that was sometimes used as currency! This drink could be manufactured at home or in a factory setting. What was my occupation?
8. Sometimes I wore the mask of Anubis while performing the different aspects of my job. Who am I?
9. When the Nile annually flooded, I was out of work, so I might have joined the gangs who worked on building projects, like the pyramids. What was my usual occupation, considered to be the backbone of ancient Egypt?
10. It is estimated that about 80% of the people in ancient Egypt belonged to my class. Typically taken as a prisoner of war, there were, however, other ways to join this lowly group. Who am I?
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.