Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. First things first. Which of the following things is the first you should do before handling any food?
2. For breakfast you and your parent have decided to make a western omelet. What kind of meat goes into a traditional western omelet?
3. It's Thanksgiving and your parent is basting the turkey as you help make the pumpkin pie. What does basting mean?
4. You are helping to make some strawberry gelatin. After it is all mixed where would you put it until it is ready to eat?
5. Oh goodness, you are home sick today with a cold. Luckily, you helped make some chicken soup yesterday. What is the liquid in the soup called?
6. You are helping make some macaroni cheese. What would you add to the pasta, aside from cheese, to make sure it is nice and creamy?
7. The cake batter you have helped make is all ready. What would you put in the bottom of the cake pan to keep the cake from sticking to it as it bakes?
8. The recipe you and your mother are using says to preheat the oven. What does preheat mean?
9. Today for lunch you are going to help make some grilled cheese sandwiches. What would you melt in the bottom of the frying pan so that the bread gets nice and toasted?
10. You are at the grocery store shopping for ingredients to make French bread. Which of these things should you make sure to buy if you want your bread to rise?
Source: Author ashling
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.