Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When making spaghetti for dinner, you bring a large pot of water to a boil. What are you most likely to add to the water before putting in the dry pasta?
2. You are making pancakes for breakfast. Which kitchen tool will you use to turn them over in the pan?
3. Yogurt or yoghurt or yoghourt (it is spelled different ways in different places) is primarily made from what?
4. Eggs can be cooked in many ways. Which egg dish are you cooking if you whip eggs with a little milk before putting them in the pan, then mix them up several times while cooking them?
5. Hot oatmeal makes an excellent breakfast. To what do you add the dry oatmeal to cook it on the stove?
6. Which tiny fish, often preserved in salt and oil, adds a kick of flavour to Caesar salad dressing, pizza sauce, chickpea salad and many other dishes?
7. Stirring the ingredients for cookies together in a bowl can be lot of work. Which kitchen appliance makes this job easier?
8. Much shorter than a chef's knife, what is the knife with a three-inch blade used for small cutting jobs?
9. Before baking your cookies, you spread a sheet of parchment paper on the cookie sheet. What does this do?
10. Ketchup makes lots of things taste better: French fries, meatloaf, eggs, other stuff. What is the principal ingredient in ketchup?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.