Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Western state claims the potato as its official state vegetable?
2. Utah has a jiggly official state snack, adopted in 2001. What is it?
3. North Carolinians couldn't decide which berry they liked best so they adopted an official red one and an official blue one. Which pair?
4. Many states have adopted state fish but how many have adopted their own official bivalve? Which state adopted the Olympia oyster (Ostrea lurida) as its own?
5. The state fruit of Ohio is unfamiliar to many. It is the largest edible fruit native to the U.S. Name it.
6. The chanterelle is the state mushroom of which Western state?
7. While not technically a state food, the State of Arkansas adopted a state cooking vessel in 2001. Which piece of cooking gear is it?
8. The peach blossom is the official state flower of Delaware. What is the official state dessert?
9. Louisiana is the only state with an official state jelly -- two, in fact. What are they?
10. Florida's state beverage is orange juice. About nineteen states have adopted milk as theirs. What is Maine's official state soft drink?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.