Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I lived in the town of Bethany and was a beloved friend of Jesus. My sisters Mary and Martha sent for Jesus when I became ill. He arrived four days after my death and wept with Mary at my tomb-just before he commanded me to come out. (I did, whole and alive once more!)
Who am I?
2. Jesus and his mother were guests at my wedding. At weddings, it was customary to serve wine throughout the night, but eventually the wine started to run out. After much urging from his mother, Jesus turned the water we had into wine, and it was the best wine we'd had all night.
Where did this happen?
3. In the seventh chapter of Mark, my mom went to see a man named Jesus so he could help me. I was her daughter and we were of Greek ancestry, but we lived in the area of Syria and Lebanon.
What was wrong with me, that prompted my mother to seek help from Jesus?
4. One day I went with a crowd of people to hear Jesus speak. It was getting late and everyone was starting to get hungry, so Jesus asked his disciples to find some food.
How much food did they find to feed the crowd of 5,000?
5. My friends and I spent a long, frustrating night fishing and were tired and disappointed when morning arrived and we had not even a single fish to show for our hard work. Someone standing on the beach called out to us and told us to throw our nets on the other side of the boat and much to my surprise, the nets filled immediately with fish!
Who was the mysterious person on the beach and what happened when we got back to the shore?
6. I was an official named Jairus in the local synagogue who had heard of Jesus' great power. One of my family members at home was very sick and dying so I played my last card and went to find Jesus to heal her.
Which member of my family was ill?
7. My name was Bartimaeus (pronounced bar-tim-may-us) and Jesus healed my vision. I was totally blind.
How did Jesus help me to see?
8. My friends and I were in a boat with Jesus when a furious storm came up. Jesus was sleeping, but the rest of us were afraid we were going to drown, so we woke Jesus up.
What did Jesus do then?
9. In modern times, my story would have been a set up for a mother-in-law joke. We had just left the synagogue and went to my house for something to eat. When the master came to my house, He found her to be suffering from a terrible fever. All He did was touch her hand and the fever left my mother-in-law.
Which apostle was I?
10. During the passion week, Jesus and His disciples journeyed from Bethany to Jerusalem. On the journey they were hungry and went to pick fruit from a tree that bore no fruit. Jesus cursed the tree, and on returning the next day found it withered and dead.
What kind of tree was it?
Source: Author quiz4759754
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.