Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Mouse King is attacking the Nutcracker! What does Marie throw at the Mouse King to stop him?
2. The Nutcracker turns into a Prince and he, Marie and I are whisked away to the Land of Sweets; when we arrive, who greets us?
3. Spanish sweets whirl around Marie and the Prince. A delicious smell of something I might eat as a snack or drink hot on a cold winter's day fills the air. What can I smell?
4. Some exotic-looking dancers appear to present Marie and the Prince with some steaming hot coffee from their homeland in the east. What kind of dance, also from their homeland, do they perform?
5. Some lovely Chinese ladies appear to offer Marie and the Prince a drink of tea. What beautifully perfumed flower is commonly used in Chinese tea?
6. Some Russian ladies arrive and present a traditional Christmas sweet treat to Marie and the Prince. It's in the shape of a walking stick and is striped red and white. What are they given?
7. Marie and the Prince are excited to see some shepherdesses arrive to dance for them - but what nutty sweet thing are their sheep made from?
8. Marie and the Prince are excited to see a Mother (in the shape of a house) and her eight children arrive - from what traditional Christmas food are these sweet treats made?
9. Some lovely sweet flowers appear and delight Marie and the Prince. I love to eat sugared flower petals - but some flowers are poisonous! What flower would I NOT want to eat?
10. I see the Sugar Plum Fairy float over. After all these delightful sweets, she suggests it would be lovely to finish with a dance, but with whom will she dance?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.