Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The famous poet John Keats died at the very early age of 25. What disease did Keats have that caused him to die so young?
2. The author Roald Dahl wrote many books before he "kicked the bucket." Which of these was NOT one of the many works penned by Dahl?
3. Charlotte Bronte, one of the famous Bronte sisters, died in 1855 several years after her sisters Emily and Anne. What was the name of the famous novel penned by Charlotte?
4. What was the name of the Russian writer, who died in 1910 and was the author of the famous novel "War and Peace"?
5. Which of these authors, poets, or playwrights, died in 1875 after showing signs of liver cancer?
6. The author of the Civil War era novel "Gone With the Wind" died on August 11, 1949 in an Atlanta Hospital after being hit by a car. What was the name of this famous author?
7. Which U.S. President, who died in the 1960s, wrote the 1957 Pulitzer Prize-winning volume of biographies titled, "Profiles in Courage"?
8. The author of some of the world's best literary works, and the creator of the most memorable characters in the history of literature, died on June 9, 1870. What was his name?
9. English novelist, dramatist, and essayist Mary Shelley died on February 1, 1851. What is the name of the doctor in the famous Gothic novel written by Shelley?
10. This children's author, who died suddenly due to an aneurism on November 19, 1988, wrote a series of books about a maid who takes everything literally. What is the name of the author who wrote the "Amelia Bedelia" book series?
Source: Author Tony_TV_King
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.