Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Emily Post believes good manners evolved to prevent us from offending each other. No matter when or where you are eating there is one thing that is always important. What?
2. Emily Post teaches us when we are first seated at a table for a meal that we can learn some things about what food will be served even before we see any food at all. How?
3. What piece of the place setting does Emily Post refer to as the "hub" - no matter what the occasion or style of meal that is served?
4. Sometimes when you are to dine, there will be place cards for the guests. Each card should have the name of one diner displayed on it and one card placed at each place setting. What should you do when you find your name on a card?
5. We may think that it is always more elegant to eat with silverware but in reality there are some foods for which it is acceptable to use your fingers to place the food in your mouth. Which of the following is a food that you could "eat with your fingers"?
6. Some people have serious allergies to certain foods. If you are an invited guest and do have an allergy to certain food(s) what should you do if you think you have been served something that may cause you to have a bad reaction?
7. You may not have a true food allergy to a certain dish but you may just not like it at all. What is considered good manners when you are served something you know you do not like?
8. When you are eating at a restaurant it is important to use your good manners the entire time you are there. Which of the following would be inconsiderate to others who are eating with you or others near you and thus bad manners?
9. One of the ways to make any meal more enjoyable is for those who are eating to engage is conversation with each other. This has been called "table talk". Which of the following is not a basic practice of polite table talk?
10. It is important to be considerate as a guest, of course, but it can be just as important to know how to be a good host or hostess, too. When you are entertaining what is considered your "job" - first and foremost?
Source: Author cowboybluedog
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.