Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Do you know who was the British Prime Minister when Britain declared war against Germany in 1939?
2. Margaret Thatcher used to be the Prime Minister, but do you know what party she was the leader of?
3. There are lots of different political parties in UK. Which one of these people used to be the leader of the Liberal Democrats?
4. Wales has got its own local government, but what is it called?
5. Tony Blair was Prime Minister of Great Britain for a decade. What is the name of the constituency to which he was elected in 1983?
6. Great Britain is a member of a lot of international organisations, one of them is NATO - what does NATO stand for?
7. Which division of the government is responsible for British prisons?
8. In the UK, almost anyone is allowed to form a political party. A few years ago, a rather silly man called "Screaming Lord Sutch" started a political party, and had several members stand for election. Believe it or not they actually won votes! What is the name of this silly group of people?
9. What is the name of the British high ranking politician and author, who was jailed in 2001 for perjury, and perverting the course of justice?
10. Who was the very first British Prime Minister?
Source: Author delboy22
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.