Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many facets does one eye of a dragonfly have?
2. When was the disposable diaper patented?
3. What did three men from Scott's ill-fated expedition try to find, when they undertook a dangerous sledging journey during the Antarctic winter of 1911?
4. It has lately been claimed that a Chinese treasure-fleet travelled to all six continents and left settlements in all but Antarctica in what year?
5. What was the profession of Miler McGrath, known as the 'Scoundrel of Cashel'?
6. Mawsynram in north-eastern India has the highest average annual rainfall in the world, but how much is it (London has 750 mm)?
7. Which American National Park was described by an early Mormon settler as 'a helluva place to lose a cow in'?
8. The Rolling Stones topped the UK Single Charts for the first time in July 1964 - what was the title?
9. How many weeks did Pete Sampras spend at the top of the ATP rankings?
10. When was sterling silver first hallmarked (stamped) in Britain?
Source: Author hhamburger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.