Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Demosthenes was a Greek from the 4th century BC, part of the Golden Age of Greek Culture--an age of giants including the sculptor Pericles and the playwright Aristophanes. What was Demosthenes known for?
2. What was the demimonde?
3. Who wrote the novel "Digital Fortress", a techno-thriller, and also "Deception Point"?
4. Eumir Deodato's award-winning rendition of this German composer's "Also Sprach Zarathustra" appears in Peter Seller's last movie, "Being There". Who composed "Also Sprach Zarathustra"?
5. Dancin' Danny D was in what house music band with Cathy Dennis? They produced such hits as "C'mon and Get My Love" and "That's the Way of the World".
6. Jack Black and Kyle Gass make up which 'Mock Rock' Band?
7. I love spring with brightly flowering bulbs everywhere. Now it's autumn and time to plant some favorite bulbs to add to my spring flower display. When I plant bulbs, I like to tag the place where they are planted, but try as I may, I just can't recall the name of my favorite bulbs. They are usually bright yellow and shaped a little bit like a cup and saucer, and the flowers look so lovely when planted in drifts under deciduous trees, nodding gently in the breeze. Oh, what are they called?
8. The didgeridoo is classified as what kind of musical instrument?
9. 'D' is for Damon, one of a pair of characters from a famous ancient Greek story; their names have become synonymous with true friendship. What was the name of Damon's best friend?
10. Who was the last U.S. President to be in office during the admission of states to the Union--namely, Alaska and Hawaii?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.