Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which butler, played by Robert Guillaume on television, was first a star on "Soap" and then on his own 1980s comedy series?
2. In the 1976 murder-mystery-comedy "Murder by Death," Sir Alec Guinness plays a blind butler by what name?
3. In the Dorothy Sayers' novels and short stories, who is Lord Peter Wimsey's butler/valet who also participates in the investigation of crimes?
4. In the 1980s American television series "Dynasty," which butler presided over the household of Carrington Mansion?
5. Scrooge McDuck, the world's richest anatine, is served by which butler/chauffeur?
6. Which English butler "inherited" by an American family starred in his own radio sit-com in 1951 and TV sit-com in 1962-1963?
7. In the 2001 Robert Altman movie "Gosford Park," who is the occasionally-tipsy butler at the McCordles' house?
8. J.M. Barrie (better known for "Peter Pan") wrote a four-act stage play in 1902 about the tension between the ruling classes and those who serve them. Who was Lord Loam's butler in this play?
9. On the American TV series "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," who was the butler in the Banks family?
10. In the British TV series "Blackadder the Third," who plays E. Blackadder, butler to the Prince of Wales?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.