Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the "Peanuts" cartoons, World War I flying ace Snoopy believes himself to be flying a Sopwith Camel, an historic single-seat fighter biplane. What is Snoopy actually "flying"?
2. In what 1980s American dramatic TV series did Jan Michael Vincent pilot a supersonic military helicopter disguised as a civilian aircraft flying missions for the CIA?
3. At the beginning of the 2004 movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," an aircraft arrives in New York City, from which an important scientist disappears. What kind of aircraft is it?
4. Which classic comic-book superhero has both an airplane and a helicopter named after his character?
5. Sarah, Duchess of York, was the author of an aviation series of children's books which were made into an animated series on British TV. Who is her protagonist?
6. In the 2006 James Bond film "Casino Royale," the evil LeChiffre plots to blow up the prototype of the world's largest passenger airplane. What is that aircraft?
7. In the "Star Wars" series, Luke Skywalker owned and flew a high-performance single-seat aircraft on his home planet of Tatooine, racing with his friend Biggs Darklighter. What was this craft?
8. In the 1950 Hollywood movie "Chain Lightning," Humphrey Bogart plays a test pilot helping to develop a new jet fighter. What is the name of the airplane?
9. Several classic comic-book superheroes have their own aircraft. What was special about the one owned by Wonder Woman?
10. In the television and book series begat by "Thomas the Tank Engine," who is the helicopter owned by the Sodor Island Coast Guard who is a friend to Percy the Small Engine?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.