Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Anne McCaffrey began the "Dragonriders of Pern" series in 1967. Which of these books included the quote from which this quiz title is taken?
"Black, blacker, blackest,
And cold beyond frozen things.
Where is between when there is naught
To Life but fragile dragon wings?"
2. When traveling to China, one might visit the site of the Nine Dragon Wall. But wait! There's more than one Nine Dragon Wall! Where is the oldest of them all?
3. The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) aired a children's show called "Dragon Tales" where two human children visited Dragon Land to learn and play with dragons. Who made up the two-headed dragon?
4. Ty Inc. has been making Beanie Babies since 1993, and there have been a few cuddly dragons. Which of these was the first?
"_____ lives in a dream, The most beautiful that you have ever seen, Through magic lands she likes to fly, Look up and watch her, way up high!"
5. In the movie "How to Train Your Dragon", teen-aged Hiccup befriends a Night Fury dragon. What name does Hiccup give his new friend when he learns that the dragon can retract his teeth?
6. When touring Krakow, Poland, one site to visit is a metal sculpture of the seven-headed Wawel Dragon created in 1970 by Bronislaw Cromy. The sculpture included a design feature that allows what to occur every five minutes?
7. Ronn Lucas has entertained many audiences with his ventriloquism performances, but what is the name of the dragon puppet he entertained us with on the "Late Show with David Letterman"?
8. Dragons are mentioned in many musical theatre productions. During which show does Sancho sing about a dragon?
"Oh, I haven't fought a windmill in a fortnight
And the humble joys get duller ev'ry day,
Why, when I'm asleep a dragon
With his fiery tongue a-waggin'
Won't you please come out and play?""
9. In which of these action-strategy video games would you play the dragon, collecting gold to gain more abilities?
10. One story that has captured folk's imagination over centuries is the tale of St. George and the Dragon. How does St. George travel to the lake where he will rescue the fair maid?
Source: Author mlcmlc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.