Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Velcro has been a boon for the parents of pre-schoolers! Where was velcro invented?
2. I deem the zipper to be one of the greatest inventions ever. When was the zip fastener invented?
3. Button, button, who's got the button? How long have buttons been in use as fasteners?
4. Joyce Grenfell used to sing a song called "Never Go Out Without Your Hatpin". When did hatpins come into vogue?
5. Speaking of pins, let us pause to praise the modern safety pin. How long has this multi-use pin been keeping the diapers/nappies on small behinds, holding broken bra straps in place, and generally making itself useful?
6. What do you call those thingamajigs that hold tensor bandages in place?
7. In North America they're bobby pins; in the UK they're kirby grips or hairgrips. When did they come onto the market?
8. One, two, buckle my shoe. When did buckled shoes become all the rage?
9. Do you remember the pain and suffering you underwent when you tried to learn how to tie your own shoelaces? How long has this been going on?
10. On which of these garments would you be most likely to find toggle fasteners?
Source: Author Cymruambyth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.