Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Animals - Swans are part of which Genus?
2. For Children - A young cygnet is the focus of this Hans Christian Andersen fable. What is the name of this story, first published in 1843?
3. Geography - This city has two swans on its coat of arms, but is better known as the capital city of Australia. What is it?
4. Sports - Which championship football team, nicknamed the Swans, won the playoff final at Wembley and gained promotion to the Premier League in May 2011?
5. People - Traditionally who owns all untagged mute swans in open water in the United Kingdom (although he/she shares this ownership with the Vintners' and Dyers' Companies)?
6. History - Julius Caesar noted that the British thought it unlawful to kill or eat swans. What did Caesar famously write about his short war with Pharnaces II of Pontus in 47BC?
7. Movies - We've all heard of the 2010 film "The Black Swan," starring Natalie Portman, but what is the name of the ballet that is a major part of the plot?
8. Music - What animal is the subject (and title) of a Flanders and Swann song, in which it is mistaken for a bison, an elk and a hartebeest (which is in fact another name for a wildebeest)?
9. World - Located in the municipality of Schwangau, this castle was the inspiration for the castle in Disney's "Sleeping Beauty", as well as being home to Baron Bomburst in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". What is the name of the castle?
10. General Knowledge - What word can mean an adult male swan, an ear of corn, a small stout horse or a Contingency Operating Base?
Source: Author se01dct
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.