Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the capital city of Germany? It was divided into two from 1948-1989 (and from 1961-89 by the Wall).
2. Which tennis player won the Men's Wimbledon Singles Title in the years 1985-86 and 1989?
3. Which composer's works included the "Moonlight Sonata", the opera "Fidelio" and the "Eroica" symphony?
4. Which is Germany's largest manufacturer of chemical and health care products?
5. Which widely exported German beer was first brewed in Bremen in 1873 and traditionally appears in a green bottle?
6. Which iconic symbol of Berlin was first built in 1791 and closed to traffic from 1961 until 1989?
7. Which former left-wing German Chancellor signed the Moscow Treaty with Leonid Brezhnev in 1970 and was in power from 1969-1974?
8. What is the name given to the first division in German football (soccer)? The...?
9. Operation "Barbarossa" was the code name for the German invasion of which country during World War II?
10. Now, a film question: Which enormously popular film, first released in the United States in 1982, centered around the crew of a German submarine and their desperate struggle for survival in the North Atlantic during World War II?
Source: Author hews
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.