Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Pink may be thought of as the colour for girls, but what meaning does a pink gemstone have?
2. Purple is a colour associated with dignity, but if you saw a woman of Victorian times in a deep purple dress what would this signify?
3. Gold signifies wealth and prosperity, but what else can the colour gold symbolise?
4. If we feel low and miserable we often say we have the blues. Who was known as "Father of The Blues"?
5. Amber jewellery has always been popular, but what exactly is amber?
6. Terracotta has been a popular material for building and pottery for centuries. The word terracotta comes from Italian and translates to what?
7. In Chinese painting what does the colour violet signify?
8. Mars is known as the red planet, but what gives it its reddish colour?
9. Green is the colour of calm, growing things and jealousy. In which Shakespeare play does the "green eyed monster" appear?
10. In Elizabethan England there were laws regarding the the type and colour of clothes that could be worn. Who was allowed to wear orange?
Source: Author StarStruck60
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.