Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cape Horn is one of the most southerly points of South America. What body of water is Cape Horn the northern boundary of?
2. What symbol of food and abundance dates back to the 5th century BCE and is commonly called the horn of plenty or the Horn of Amalthea?
3. 'Around the Horn' is a popular sports talk program aired on ESPN. Which of the following sportswriters is incorrectly matched with his/her city of affiliation?
4. In the musical world, which of the following is a difference between a modern-day horn and a natural horn?
5. What item was carried by Boromir in 'The Fellowship of the Ring' and was cut in two by a group of Orcs after Boromir had been killed?
6. The hornbill is a bird common to many regions in Africa and Asia. Which of the following statements about a hornbill is unique in regards to birds?
7. Which of the following animals is unique in that it sheds the outer layer of its horns outside of the breeding season and then regrows them during the breeding season?
8. Which event was announced by the gatekeeper Heimdall when he blew on the Gjallarhorn?
9. Which Looney Tunes character has a Kentucky accent, was voiced by Mel Blanc from 1946-1989 and often said the line "That's what I've been - I say, that's what I've been telling you, boy! I am a chicken!"
10. What versatile Green Bay Packers player was the overall number one pick in the 1957 NFL draft and then went on to win the NFL MVP award in 1961 and have a Hall of Fame career?
Source: Author Triviaballer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.