Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Will-o'-the-wisps popular among children on Halloween.
2. A Brazilian will-o'-the-wisp in the form of a long snake-like creature.
3. A Colombian will-o'-the-wisp that proves that not all grannies are sweet.
4. The Australian Outback has its own will-o'-the-wisps, small balls of light that scare travelers unfamiliar with the area.
5. A Scottish version of the will-o'-the-wisp, a boy who offers to lead travelers with his lamp for a coin or two.
6. The souls of unbaptized Swedish children who have died or been killed become will-o'-the-wisps.
7. Will-'o-the-wisps from Finland that mark the spot of buried treasure.
8. A Louisianan will-o'-the-wisp that is a mixture of French and African legend.
9. Japan has its own legends of will-o'-the-wisps that are the souls of the dead.
10. Scientists claim that this is a logical explanation for will-o'-the-wisps that doesn't involve the paranormal at all.
Source: Author shuehorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.