Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Day one. Undercover teams deployed to all large urban and country areas. Mission - obtain sample collection of inhabitants' personal effects. Early report from large retail area - sub sector "bottle shop" - item retrieved. Rectangular box with small outlet valve. Appears to contain inferior alcoholic liquid. Catalog item as 'wine cask'. Intelligence suggests this is local invention - check?
2. Scuffle reported - location Adelaide Oval - quadrant "hill area". Deployed team infiltrated crude sort of spectacle. Code name - cricket. Mission - seize white box like objects complete with lids. Investigate possible dual utility - A) cold storage. B) seating.
Strong resistance from inhabitants (highly prized possessions?). Efforts to establish name of recovered box items futile. No-one talking! Attempt further identification.
3. Country report - extensive number of inhabitants wearing personalised head items. No two shaped alike. Difficulty obtaining sample. Appear to be highly prized personal effects. Retrieval difficulty directly proportional to age and worn appearance of item. Label present - identification "Akubra". Investigate meaning - Akubra?
4. Great excitement. Item recovered from old wooden structure. Piece of thin board - apparently wobble noise evident when shaken. Possibly used to make musical accompaniment. Sound archives reveal relation to song "Tie Me Kangaroo Down". Note - research artist's identity to complete report.
5. Log note. Representational artwork required. Team returned to ship after sortie in area called Canberra. Painting secured. Artwork depicts figure with square iron mask. Artist noted. Sidney Nolan. Subject - unknown - possible representation of some historical criminal figure?
6. Definitive references on Australian Flora and Fauna required. Crew reporting from sector 46 extremely satisfied with flora document - "The Tales of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie". Attributed Cecilia May Gibbs. Related flora samples needed. Recovery team supplied most native vegetation mentioned. Armed sortie scheduled 1900 hours. Object - recover villainous species described in book.
7. Mission for scouting party 346. Recover definitive household object - must be common to most domestic abodes and Australian invention. High Council particularly keen to discover which item fits profile. Logistical problems posed. Item large, bulky and continuously rotating. Difficult to secure in hold. Items of clothing still attached. Identify iconic selection.
8. Food samples essential for mission report. Afternoon shift returned with oblong shaped cakelike objects. Middle recorded as "sponge". Outer brown covering as "chocolate". Mysterious white flakes noted on chocolate. Identify food item.
9. Sporting memorabilia required. Team recently returned from area - Victoria. Agitating for recovered item's consideration in report recommendations. Strangely ornate vessel. Seems highly prized. Massive objections from organisation - code VRC - on seizure of item. Research indicates direct correlation between item and horse racing event described as "stopping the nation".
10. Final goal. Identification and removal of human subject for return to High Council. Object - interview and gather intelligence for colonisation plans. Immense speculation. Team from sub sector 29 returned to ship with human. Statistics. Female? Long blue sequinned "frock". Large ornate silver glasses worn. Holding flowers - "gladiolus". Reports received - crew members being addressed as "possums". Identity - profile results please.
Source: Author Nannanut
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.