Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which is the only Australian state or territory capital city that is not located by the ocean?
2. Which Australian city is situated almost an equal distance between Adelaide and Darwin and is often simply referred to as 'The Alice'?
3. The Yarra River passes through which Australian city?
4. Which Australian city is considered to be one of the world's most isolated cities? The Swan River passes through it.
5. There is one Australian capital city that is not situated on the mainland. It is also the capital of the state that is sometimes known as the 'Apple Isle'. What is the city?
6. The landmarks the Harbour Bridge and Opera House are well known by tourists worldwide but they are located in which Australian state capital city?
7. Which Australian state does a series of mountains known as the Great Dividing Range NOT pass through?
8. The Murray River creates the border between which two Australian States?
9. One of the most devastating cyclones to ever hit Australia occurred on Christmas Eve 1974 in which Australian capital city?
10. Which Australian lake is the lowest point in Australia?
Source: Author emmco
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.