Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where will you find the island nation of Barbados?
2. What kind of island is Barbados?
3. With which of its island neighbours does Barbados have a fixed maritime border, established in 2006, to settle fishing disputes?
4. The highest point in Barbados is Mount Hillaby, at a towering 340m (1,115ft) above sea level. It is located in a parish (local government area) named after the patron saint of Scotland. Which Barbadian parish is the site of Mount Hillaby?
5. What is the major classification for the climate of Barbados?
6. It is thought by some that the Portuguese explorers named the island because of a local tree with long hanging roots. What tree is a possible source of Barbados's name?
7. The capital city of Barbados lies in a southwestern parish (local government division) named after an archangel. Which of the following shows the capital and its parish?
8. Due to its location to the east of the main hurricane zone, Barbados has been relatively free of hurricane damage in its history. What was the last hurricane to cause significant damage to Barbados during the 20th century?
9. Which of the following was the economic basis of colonial Barbados?
10. The coat of arms of Barbados includes two animals supporting a shield. What are these two animals?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.