Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hefei is the capital city of Anhui Province. What lake is the city situated by?
2. Which two places in Anhui Province were both recognised as UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2000?
3. The tomb of legendary Chinese poet, Li Bai, lies within which city of Anhui?
4. A major sacred mountain in Buddhism, Mount Jiuhua is located in which city of Anhui?
5. What other provinces of China lie to the east and south-east of Anhui, respectively?
6. Which two rivers of China cross Anhui Province from west to east?
7. Prior to the 1950s, Anhui was a poor and economically stagnant province.
8. Which city of Anhui Province used to be called "Huaining"?
9. In Fengyang County, Anhui Province, lies a mausoleum dedicated to the parents of Zhu Yuanzhang, the first Emperor of which Chinese dynasty?
10. Approximately how long does Anhui Province's territory stretch from north to south?
11. Which lake of China is situated between Anhui and Jiangsu Province, in the Huai River valley?
12. What is located atop Anhui's sacred mountain, Mount Jiuhua?
13. Which of these prisons of China is situated in the capital of Anhui, Hefei?
14. The building of which airport of Anhui was mired in controversy, due to its construction being funded by a corrupt official, Wang Huaizhong?
15. Bao Zheng (999 - 1062) was a Chinese judge and politician, renowned for his fairness and honesty. Where in Anhui was he born?
Source: Author LuH77
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.