Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of four so-called "directly controlled municipalities", this city contains the Dazu Rock Carvings: stone reliefs based on Taoist, Buddhist and Confucian themes. It is also the place from which people commence a river cruise through the Three Gorges.
2. Almost everyone has heard of Shaolin Temple, but which city is it affiliated with? The first syllable of the city's name is also the surname of the paramount leader of China who reformed the country in the years following the death of Mao Zedong.
3. Where is the Potala Palace located? This city is located in the Tibet autonomous region.
4. China is full of stunning mountain landscapes, but which city in Hunan province is home to Wulingyuan, an area noted for gorgeous sandstone pillars that partly inspired the Hallelujah Mountains in the blockbuster "Avatar"?
5. Several famous landmarks in China are actually the work of foreigners, who created European-style buildings in their enclaves and territories. In which of these places, formerly controlled by Portugal, could you see the Ruins of St. Paul's and Senado Square?
6. The world's tallest pre-modern statue, a panda sanctuary, and emerald-colored lakes: only one province in China boasts all three. Its provincial capital is a UNESCO City of Gastronomy. Which city is it?
7. The classical Chinese garden contains a harmonious blend of rocks, lakes and pavilions. But which city, located in Jiangsu province, is famed for its archetypal examples of the Chinese garden?
8. What is the birthplace of Confucius, China's most famous philosopher?
9. We noted that the Terracotta Warriors are one of the most widely recognized tourist spots in China at the beginning of this quiz, but do you actually know what city they are located in? It's also known for being the beginning of the Silk Road.
10. And finally, where is the Temple of Heaven located?
Source: Author tomleetang
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.